It's been awhile

Wednesday, September 09, 2015 tnguyen308 2 Comments

Since our last update, things have been steadily progressing in our adoption. We had to redo our dossier since China could not accept documents over 6 months old. We also had to update our i800A form and submit updated bio-metrics/fingerprints information. One other item to update was our home study. With everything completed, we were able to mail our dossier to our agency in June.

The agency had enough information from our dossier to start the matching process without the actual dossier being in China. There were a couple of forms for us to complete, including a medical checklist of special needs that we would be willing to accept. With that form turned in on July 31st, the agency started to look for our little girl.

On August 18th, we received our first referral! I was in total shock. I was actually at my doctor's office receiving my infusion so I had no idea what was going on. The hubby found out first and tried to contact me but I was sound asleep. Once I woke up, I was in a state of disbelief. Was I still dreaming? I couldn't believe any of this was happening. We've been in this process for so long, its been hard to stay hopeful. But it was real! All I could think was, "could this be our baby girl?"

We received a packet that included some pictures, medical history and a video of her. We weren't sure how old the pictures and video were but we had a rough idea. I immediately contacted a friend who had adopted from China to get her advice on what we should do next. Luckily, a friend of ours is a pediatrician and she offered to review the records. We also contacted Texas Children's Health Center for International Adoption to review the information. We thought the more eyes on the medical information, the better.

We had our first pre-consultation meeting with TCH on Monday, August 25th. I was full of nerves all day. We had some idea of what her medical situation was but we didn't know what to expect from the meeting. After our pre-consultation, we had a few concerns about her health. We sent some followup questions that our agency forwarded on to China. A week later, we received answers; answers that calmed our concerns.

On September 4th, we accepted the referral and now we wait for Baby Nguyen to come home!


2 comments :

JamieB said...

You guys know how I feel about this!! I'm super excited for you and cannot wait to meet her. She's one blessed baby!

Tanisha D. said...

I'm very excited for you guys!