One Year Later

Thursday, May 04, 2017 tnguyen308 0 Comments

Let me start off by apologizing for not updating this sooner. I had grand plans of posting while we were in China and throughout our journey home, but life with a toddler got in the way and here we are. I cannot believe it will be a year in a few days. As I reflect on our year together, I've come to realize I am much more capable then I could imagine. This year came with a lot of challenges and obstacles. Many times I felt defeated and at a loss. I asked myself many times, "How could I care for this child? I know nothing about being a mom." I could not thank the many moms in my life enough and of course, my hubby. I have become a stronger mom because of them. Here are some photos from our trip to China.

First Family photo in China
First month home
The first few months were difficult. I was struggling with post adoption depression and how to take care of a two year old. Our worlds were turned upside down. We were trying to teach her how to communicate with us and let her know that she would be safe and loved. I remember thinking, "What did we get ourselves into?" But those few months are a blur now. She knows so many words, making sentences and recognizes all her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. 

She loves Sadie. She loves watching her eat her food and treats, drink water and run in the backyard. They are two peas in a pod.

First time meeting




We've learned that she has a lot of personality. She loves to sing & dance, run, eat, make you laugh and give hugs & kisses. Here are a list of her favorite things so far:

Color: Orange
Toy: Varies by day but usually her LeapFrog Remote, LeapFrog Laptop, "Sadie" dogs from Lego Duplo, Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse stuffed toys, Water Table and Little Tykes Car
Food: Coconut Rolls, Cashews, Peanuts, Almonds, Cha (Vietnamese Ham),Cereal, French Fries, Hamburgers, Egg rolls, Ham, Chicken
Favorite Books: Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Octopus, Goose on the Loose, Alphabet Books/Rhymes, Little Gorilla, Always
Favorite activity: Eating, Bath time, Playing with Mommy & Daddy, Reading, Running/Chasing, Watching Mickey Mouse, Playground, Swimming, Playdates with Cousins & Friends

I could go on and on about our little June-bug. She is a ball of energy and full of smiles. She continues to learn everyday and teaches us something new about ourselves constantly. Everyday is a new adventure with her. I can't wait to see what the next year brings us.



0 comments :