Two years and counting

Friday, August 22, 2014 tnguyen308 0 Comments

It's been a little over two years since we first hit print for the adoption application. We are a little closer to bringing our baby girl home. Here is what we do know. Our paperwork translation is complete and is at the Ministry in Moldova being processed. This is where the timeline can get foggy. The agency does not know how long the process can take. One of two things can happen. We'll either need to correct a document or documents and send it back or have a match to consider. We're hoping for the match. If the process goes through September 3rd, we would need to get our USCIS I-800a approval renewed. Fortunately, there is not a filing fee for the first extension. We're hoping that there's not a need for a second extension.

What I have learned in the past two years is patience. It's a tough trait to learn but I've gotten better over time. I was not expecting my strength and perseverance to be tested as much as it has been. I am thankful for my loving hubby and sweet Sadie. They have definitely helped me through the roughest of days. I continue to pray for patience and a safe journey for our daughter. Please help me pray for a speedy processing time so we can bring our daughter home.

During this time, I did happen to find another family adopting from Moldova that's using the same agency as we are. They are a little behind in the process as we are and is as excited as we are to bring their baby girl home. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they begin the waiting process. Read more about them here.

0 comments :